Norway

Worn by Jaime on July 22 - July 29, 2011

Rachel, this is by far one of the most spectacular journeys I've taken you on .... Norway was simply breathtaking. I carried you with me in my camera bag as our outdoor excursions weren't exactly "heel" friendly. :o) We stayed in Flam, a village nestled in the Aurlandsfjord and based our day trips and hikes out of there ...

Our first adventure was a boat cruise up the Naeroyfjord to Gudvangen ... it was stunning.
We visited the Hopperstad Stave Church which was built in the early 1100's. Stave Churches are Norway's oldest surviving churches ... I thought you'd really appreciate this little part of our trip. If I remember correctly, there are only 28 Stave Churches remaining! One interesting fact ... they used to bury the deceased under the floorboards!

On a side note ... the little girl in the pink rain jacket kept running around the church and EVERY single time I tried to take a picture, she ended up in the background. :o)

We took a long and really muddy hike up to a waterfall!


We drove the "snow road" and stopped to take a photo ... yes, this WAS July and there was snow. I just about busted my butt trying to get this picture. :o) I actually attempted to climb the snowbank in our heels ... yeah, that wasn't happening.

Our final excursion was a hike to Jostedalen Glacier ...

Isn't it gorgeous!

... and here is a "behind-the-scenes" look at me switching out our shoes. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Norway is beautiful! The Stave Church is so interesting to look at. Thanks for allowing me to tag along!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you think of our newest journey together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...