All Work, No......Well, A Little Play!

Worn by Rachel on Thursday June 23, 2011

A move to Tampa, FL, an audition at Disney World to work as characters, and navigation on I-4 while under construction would have all seemed a bit too much of a challenge with out you Jaime. You facilitated my transition from random  part time jobs to the professional world of working as Disney characters where clocking in 2 minutes early  (this is not a typo) would penalize me. Disney had some bizarre rules to abide by, clocking in just 1 minute too early was a no, no! Jaime and I had the opportunity of working side by side as Chip and Dale and other popular Disney characters one summer way back when. What a blast we had! So, when I told Jaime of my reprimand for clocking in too early, she marched off  in a fury to talk to the boss and stick up for her little sister. I remember yelling "wait!" as she scurried off with the news. Dodging discombobulated heads, bodies, furry feet and racks of princess dresses I thought to myself, "Wait! Could you tell him I don't want to see the furry monkey Turk on my schedule anymore too!?......"  (Turk is a popular Disney character from Tarzan.) We walked away shaking our heads at such nonsense and made our way  down the underground tunnel at the Magic Kingdom, holding our nose because of the smell coming from the bog of eternal stench (garbage shoots ran along the top, never smelled anything quite so horrible).
I thought that would be the end of troubles with Disney, until Pooh Bear appeared on my schedule. He was literally a pain in the neck (neck and back). I requested that my set manager take a look at "him" on one of my shifts  (advise from Jaime). What Jaime didn't know is that the next time she would see me following her advise, I'd be wearing a janitor uniform.  Go ahead and laugh Jaime.. I was referred to Physical Therapy to strengthen my back in order to put up with the strain of Pooh Bear all the while being put on schedule to do random work around the parks. My universal uniform was one of a janitor.  I was just hoping that they would take Pooh off my schedule, that wasn't the case. Well, I didn't know it then, but all the while I was getting physical therapy I was really get a taste for what I'd later choose as a career in life! Thanks Pooh...

Well, I've finished my summer semester of PTA (Physical Therapy Assistant) school and will be starting my second round of clinical's in July. (yea! for the week off!) Before I took a break from the class room scene I had to bring My Sisters Shoes to school for at least one day.

Jaime, I wish so much that you were close enough to give me that encouragement I need now again that you did so often when we lived in Tampa. On one of our most recent phone calls you made the mistake of talking about your back and ankle problems which prompted me to talk for at least a half hour until you got in another word because you had opened up the door for me to talk about all that I've learned in Physical Therapy. The nervousness I get before taking my competencies or exams in the PTA program is the same nervous feeling I had be before auditions with you at Disney. It was so much better having you there. I can't go through life's nerve raking moments with hand held assistance and continual encouragement by someone that really knows me like a sister, can I? Oh! I Can! We Can! In a size 5 1/2! 

 CERVICAL TRACTION

INFRARED THERAPY
Have Pressure Ulcer?
This type dry heat is used for seeping wounds.

LASER THERAPY
Have Tennis Elbow?
Laser therapy works at the molecular level to decrease pain!

DIDN'T KNOW YOU'D GET AN INTRO TO PTA  DID YA?

THERABAND EXERCISES
I believe I was strengthening scapular muscles however, you can also strengthen your gastrocs from this position.
I believe ours are tight enough, thanks to our shoes.

HEAT MODALITY

CPM MACHINE
Used in hospitals post op for passive range of motion of the  knee joint

AEROBIC CONDITIONING 

SAW THE SCALE, HAD TO TAKE THIS PICTURE

ME AND HARRY

OH ME!! THE STRESS OF IT ALL!

PATELLA TENDON RELFEX
(Very poor body mechanics)

PROPRIOCEPTION EXERCISES
AFTER AN ANKLE SPRAIN IN OUR SHOES!

2 POINT GAIT
AGAIN, FROM AN ANKLE SPRAIN
WEARING OUR SHOES


Thanks to my classmate  Jaime Soule for taking these pictures! Jaime is the only other Jaime I've met that spells her name like my sister.  Kind of neat to have her take the photos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think of our newest journey together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...